An auto accident can change your life in a matter of seconds. Personal injuries can have devastating effects on your life. Emotions run high following an auto accident, and it can be difficult to remember every step you need to take to protect yourself and your interests. The personal injury lawyers at Grand Law Firm offer guidance to New Orleans and Baton Rouge residents to ensure they are able to receive the damages they are owed.
First Steps after an Auto Accident
Once you assess your own level of personal injury, you should:
- Contact emergency response officers and medical help.
- Take pictures of the scene before vehicles are moved. If you are unable to take photos, ask a witness to help you. Include pictures of the surroundings and roadway where the accident occurred.
- Request contact information from witnesses if possible.
- Ask the police officer to give you a copy of the police report.
To ensure you have the best opportunity to receive the compensation you deserve, you should speak to the personal injury attorneys at Grand Law Firm before you take the following steps:
- Speak to an insurance representative, even if it is your own insurance.
- Sign any insurance settlements or paperwork.
- Verbally agree to an insurance offer.
- Seek repairs for your auto.
Personal Injury Lawyers in New Orleans and Baton Rouge
The Grand Law Firm’s personal injury lawyers will work to protect you and your family. We want to help you receive the compensation you need to recuperate from injuries resulting from an auto accident. You can focus on your physical and emotional recovery while we focus on your financial well-being.